You can choose to use VidAngel on your Fire TV or Firestick by casting to it from our Apple mobile app.
NOTE: Amazon made some changes that stopped casting from an Android mobile. Go HERE for more details.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device and that your mobile device is on the same WIFI as your Fire device, (see Cast to your TV from the mobile app).
Additionally, if you'd prefer to not have to cast, you can install the VidAngel app right on our Fire TV device: Watch on Fire TV
- Link to streaming services on the mobile app
- Cast to your Fire device
- Watching on a Fire device
- Don't want to cast?
Link Services on the Mobile App
- Download the VidAngel mobile app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Link Streaming Services".
- Connect to your streaming service subscriptions by clicking the white toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the mobile app you are ready to cast the VidAngel app to your Fire device.
Cast to Your Fire Device
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Service]" button for a movie or click the episode image for a TV show.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select the "Send to TV" button or the Cast icon in the corner of the episode.
This will open the casting device page where you choose which TV device to cast to, or you can choose to select "Play" or "Watch with [Service]" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- Select Fire TV.
This will bring up a list of available Fire devices on your network. Select the device you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
Watching on a Fire Device
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone or you can use the Fire device's remote.
If you want to disconnect from the TV you can easily do this by tapping on "Disconnect" in the VidAngel mobile app.
Don't want to cast?
If you'd rather not cast, you can use the VidAngel Fire TV app. Go here to find out how to manually install it: Manually install the VidAngel Fire TV app
If you're having trouble with casting to your Fire device, you can go here: Troubleshoot casting to your Fire TV or Firestick