You can use VidAngel on your Samsung Smart TV by casting to it from our Android or Apple mobile app. We hope to add a smart TV app in the future.
- Before you Start
- Cast to your Samsung Smart TV
- Watching on Samsung Smart TV
- Samsung TV with built-in Apple TV
Before you Start
- Confirm that your mobile device and Samsung TV have the minimum supported software (see the table above).
For Apple devices:
- The Apple device must be AirPlay 2-Enabled
- The Samsung TV must be compatible with AirPlay 2. You can see AirPlay 2-Enabled TVs here: AirPlay 2–Enabled TVs and Devices
- Make sure your TV and your mobile are on the same WIFI.
- Start a subscription at www.vidangel.com
- Download the VidAngel mobile app on your mobile device.
- Connect streaming services on the mobile app (or website).
- Recommended: Make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device, and that your mobile device and Samsung TV are up to date.
|Note: The video states that VidAngel will only cast to a Samsung TV through an Android device. We have since learned that it will also work with Apple devices to an AirPlay 2-Enabled TV.|
Cast to Your Samsung Smart TV
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Service]" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select "Send to TV"
This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to. You can choose to select "PLAY" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- Select Samsung Smart TV.
This will bring up a list of available Samsung TVs on your network. Select the TV you would like to use.
Note: If you're using an Apple mobile, you will need to select the Apple TV device.
Additionally, the cast icons may not work, you will need to use the "Send to TV" button.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
Watching on a Samsung Smart TV
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone or you can use the TV's remote. You can even close the VidAngel app on your phone and it will continue to play.
If you want to disconnect from the TV you can easily do this by tapping on "Disconnect" in the VidAngel mobile app.
Samsung TV With Built-in Apple TV
There are some Samsung Smart TVs that include Apple TV built-in. This setup will not work well with VidAngel.
If you're having trouble casting to your Samsung TV, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot casting to your Samsung Smart TV
Alternatively, sometimes casting is not the best option. Go here to find other ways to use VidAngel with your Samsung TV: How can I watch VidAngel on my TV?