Please keep in mind that this is a function offered by Apple or other third-party apps and is only compatible with some Roku devices. This means you can definitely use it as a viewing option, but we don't officially offer support for it.
If you have compatible devices then you can cast to your Roku!
Before You Start
- If you are using AirPlay, confirm that your Apple and Roku devices have the minimum supported software (see table above).
- Start a subscription at www.vidangel.com
- Download the VidAngel mobile app.
- Connect streaming services on the mobile app (or website).
- Make sure your Roku and your mobile are on the same WIFI.
- Recommended: Don't use this method!
But if you'd still like to, then we do recommend that you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device and that your mobile device and Roku are up to date.
Airplay to Roku
If you have a compatible Apple and Roku device, then you can use Apple's Airplay function to watch VidAngel on your Roku.
- Make sure your Roku is turned on the main homepage.
- Open the VidAngel mobile Apple app.
- Find something you would like to watch and set your filters.
- Verify the title:
- TV Episodes: Simply tap the episode image.
- Movies: Tap the "Watch with [Service]" button.
- Send the stream to your Roku (You can also tap the Chromecast icon in the corner instead):
- TV Episodes: tap the TV icon that appeared in the corner of the episode image.
- Movies: tap the "Send to TV" button.
- A device menu will appear. Tap Apple TV.
- This will bring up a list of available devices on your network. Select the Roku device you would like to use.
- If this is the first time you have used Airplay with these devices, you may need to input an Airplay code on the mobile app. That code will display on your TV.
- After the Roku device is selected (checkmark next to it), simply tap anywhere on the screen outside of that box to continue.
- This will bring up the casting tools. Press the Play/Pause button in your app.
The screen may flash for several seconds, then it will start playing on your TV!
Using Roku Airplay
- You may control the movie using the mobile app or the device remote.
- You will have to keep the mobile app open and active.
- If you wish to disconnect the stream, you can do so by tapping “Disconnect” in the mobile app.
Cast to Roku
You can cast to your Roku with your Apple or Android mobile device using a third-party app, such as Web Video Caster.
- On your Roku, download the app Web Video Caster - Receiver.
- On your phone or tablet, download the app Web Video Cast - Browser to TV.
- Follow the prompts to connect it to your Roku.
- In the Web Cast phone app, type www.vidangel.com in the URL bar at the top.
- Sign in to VidAngel.
- You will need to verify the movie or episode you wish to watch on a computer or other VidAngel-compatible device.
This is because shows on VidAngel cannot verify through a mobile web browser.
- After your show has verified, search for it on the VidAngel site in the webcaster app.
You should see either the checkmark if it's an episode or the "Watch" button if it's a movie.
- Click the yellow Play button icon at the top to see a list of playable videos, including the title you just verified.
- You may need to start the movie or episode to get this yellow button to appear. Then go back.
- Select your show from the list. It will start on the TV!
Do You Have a Roku App?
VidAngel is no longer available on Roku. Roku announced that on February 23, 2022, it was going to sunset all channels not available through its official store. This included the VidAngel channel. This means that VidAngel, and all other non-certified channels, have been disabled across all Roku devices.
You can read about this change here: FAQ for VidAngel Roku users