Parental Controls are filters that will be locked. They cannot be changed without going to our website and entering your Parental Passcode. Parental Controls allow you to lock filters and they will apply across all Profiles. Any title, new or previously watched, will have these filters applied.
- How to setup Parental Controls
- Locked Filters on TV apps (vs. the website)
- Interacting with connected services' parental controls
Setup Parental Controls
- Go to www.vidangel.com.
- Click "Profile" (or your name).
- Select "Account".
Here is a direct link: https://www.vidangel.com/account.
- Scroll down to the "Parental Controls" section.
- Click "Set Parental Controls".
- Create a Passcode.
- If you are returning, simply enter the Passcode you previously created.
- If you've forgotten your Passcode, you can contact Support and we will remove the Passcode. To do so, we ask that you provide the last 4 digits of the card on the account, to help confirm you are the parent on the account.
- Choose filters to have locked on your account.
Remember, these filters cannot be changed unless you return to the Parental Controls in your Settings and enter your Passcode.
If the adults in the home want to sit down and watch a show without the kids, and the same level of filtering is not necessary, simply log in to your VidAngel account on the website. You can then adjust your Parental Filters after entering your Passcode. Be sure to change them back once you've finished.
If you don't think filter locks are necessary, then setting Default Filters for different profiles may be the solution for you.
Locked Filters on TV apps
Right now, locked Parental Control Filters will show as a locked icon on the website and mobile apps, but this icon does not yet show up on our TV apps.
Even if the locked filters are de-selected on the TV apps, they are still locked and you will see this if you refresh the page. We're working on making this a more consistent visual experience across all VidAngel devices, but in the meantime, please be assured that your Parental Filters are locked on all devices.
Connected services' parental controls
If you'd like to know how VidAngel interacts with the Parental Controls from Amazon and Netflix, you can check out these articles: