You can use VidAngel with your basic Chromecast dongle by casting to it from our Apple or Android mobile app.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device and that your mobile device is on the same WIFI as your Chromecast, (see Cast to your TV from the mobile app).
- Connect services on the mobile app
- Cast to your Chromecast
- Cast from a Chrome web browser
- Having trouble?
Connect Services on the Mobile App
- Download the VidAngel mobile app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Link Streaming Services"
- Connect to your streaming services' subscriptions by clicking the toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the mobile app you are ready to cast the VidAngel app to your Chromecast.
Cast to Your Chromecast
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Service]" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select "Send to TV"
This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to. You can choose to select "PLAY" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- In the Device menu, select Chromecast.
This will bring up a list of available Chromecasts on your network. Select the device you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
Cast From a Chrome Web Browser
If you'd like to use VidAngel with your Chromecast by casting from a web browser, go here: Cast to Chromecast using the Chrome web browser
If you're having trouble with your Chromecast, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot Chromecast