Get the VidAngel app to watch with filters on your Google or Android TV device.
Before you Start
- Make sure you have the official Google Play Store on your Android TV device.
To see more details about whether or not your Android TV device will work with VidAngel, check out: Will VidAngel work with my Android TV?
NOTE: If you don't have a Google account to access the Google Play Store, go here: Android TV: What if I don't have a Google account?
- Confirm your Android TV is at least version 8.0: "Settings" > "System" OR "Device Preferences" > "About" scroll down to "Version".
- Start a subscription at www.vidangel.com
- Connect streaming services on the VidAngel mobile app or website: Connect streaming services on the Android TV app.
- Recommended: Make sure your Android TV device is up to date.
Install the VidAngel Android TV app
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Search for "VidAngel TV".
- Download the VidAngel app.
- In the new app select "Log in".
- You can then choose to go to the URL listed on the screen, OR select the "More Log in options" button.
1. On a computer or mobile web browser, go to the URL (the web address) on the screen.
You can type in the URL or use the QR scanner on your phone to be automatically directed to the correct page.
2. If needed, log into the VidAngel website.
3. Type the code on the TV screen on the VidAngel device page.
This will connect your TV app to your VidAngel account.
4. Click "Save Device"
5. Once you put in the code the TV screen will automatically open the main VidAngel movie page.
"MORE LOG IN OPTIONS"
1. Input your VidAngel account email and password.
2. Once you put in the code the screen will automatically open the main VidAngel movie page.
Did you skip the Before you Start section (you rascal) and still need to create an account? If you haven't already created a VidAngel account, you can select "Sign Up".
- On a computer or mobile web browser, go to the URL on the screen: vidangel.com/signup
- Create an account and complete the signup process.
- You will need to connect to streaming services on the VidAngel mobile app or website: Connect streaming services on the Android TV app.
- Return the VidAngel Android TV app and select the "Account has been created" button.
- Log in.
Watch on Android TV
- Select a show in the VidAngel app.
- If desired, adjust Filters by selecting the "Filters" button.
- Select "Play Now" and wait for the title to verify.
- Enjoy your show!
If you're having trouble with installing the VidAngel app or with watching on your Android TV, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot Android TV